Research areas and topics
Cultural heritage, NatureCulture, Australasia/Indo-Pacific
- Employment Sector: Retired
- Continents: Asia, Australia/Oceania
- Regions: Oceania, Polynesia
- Materials: cultural heritage, Indigenous Archaeology
- Analytical Skills: Archival research, community outreach, Cross-case comparison, cultural heritage management, excavation, Public archaeology, survey
- Research Topics: colonialism, cultural enclaves, Ethics, historical ecology, human ecology, identity and power, landscapes, migration, social development, sustainability
- Nations: Australia, Cambodia, China, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cook Islands, East Timor, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna
Interest in Synthesis
Bringing issues in cultural and natural heritage research and management together in a better integrated way, through, for example, the application of archaeologically-based historical ecology to matters of nature conservation or the use of methods of monitoring and arresting illicit trafficking of flora and fauna to problems in illicit cultural (e.g. antiquities, human remains) trafficking.
I am interested in collaborating with any professionally reputable individual or institution keen to advance the Coalition’s mission and vision.