Research areas and topics
Social complexity; urbanism; Hellenistic connectivity
- Employment Sector: Academic
- Continents: Europe
- Regions: Mediterranean Basin, Mesopotamia
- Materials: ceramics, Settlement archaeology
- Analytical Skills: agent-based modeling, big data, dating, digital humanities, formal modeling, network analysis
- Research Topics: economic history, human-landscape interaction, settlement patterns, Social Complexity, social networks, sustainability, urbanization
- Nations: Cyprus, Greece, Jordan, Turkey
Interest in Synthesis
In my work, I have been heavily interested in synthesis approaches in archaeology, particularly regarding the creation and aggregation of big datasets in the Hellenistic and Roman Mediterranean (settlements, pottery, epigraphy, …).
I am interested in collaborating with anyone working in the Mediterranean and beyond on topics such as urbanism, social complexity, material culture, and human-environment interactions.